Creative Commons License (Free Use)
You are welcome to use any of music tracks from our catalog in mp3 format for free (and also WAV format when the PRICE is set like FREE), licensed under the terms of the «Creative Commons License», as long as you credit us by including a link to our website.
Here is a good example of credit:
Music provided by: http://soundhills.com/
You can use our Music for free in the following multimedia projects:
- Online Videos
- Online Animations
- After Effects Projects and Motion Graphics (not for sale)
- Free Software
- Free Games and Applications
- Student and Non Commercial Works
You can use our Music in the templates or source files for Websites, After Effects Projects and Motion Graphics for sale, but only as a DEMO version.
In this case you should write about this in the description of your product and include the link to each music track. Here is an example:
This project DOES NOT include the License for Music. You can buy it separately for each item here:
link to music track
Creative Commons License DOES NOT allow free use of the Music in the following projects:
- TV or Radio Commercials
- Cinema and Films (that have budget)
- Remixes and Songs
- Paid Software
- Paid Audio and Video (excluding Youtube videos and other online videos)
- Paid Games and Applications
- Commercial Works (excluding Youtube videos and other online videos)
In this case you should buy the « Professional License ».
The full legal agreement can be found here: Creative commons – Attribution – No Derivative Works
The main limits of that license are:
- MP3 Format
- Credit Link
- Sometimes advertising appears in YouTube videos
If you need WAV files, if you can’t or don’t want to credit us, or if you want to remove advertising in YouTube videos, you should also buy the «Professional License».
This License gives to you (the buyer) the following privileges:
- Use in one end product (free or commercial)
- Use in all types of multimedia
- Worldwide using within the end product
- Unlimited time of using within the end product
- Unlimited copies of the end product (digital or physical)
- Unlimited audience (online, broadcasting, cinema, theatre etc.)
The Professional License is non-exclusive and it gives to you rights to use the music track or sound effect after purchase in one end product such as:
- Online Video
- Audio Advertising
- Video Advertising/Commercial
- TV Show
- Radio Show
- Music on Hold
- Audio Books
- Entertainment Events
- Other (except music remix or song)
You can create one end product for yourself or for a client (person, company or organization).
You can transfer that end product to the client. In this case the License also will be transferred to the client.
This License allows using the music track or sound effect within the one end product GLOBALLY.
It allows using the music track or sound effect within the end product FOREVER, for as long as the product exists.
Also, it allows making UNLIMITED copies of the end product (digital or physical), and the end product or its copies, can be shown to UNLIMITED audiences or can be used by UNLIMITED audiences all over the world in public, by Internet, TV and Radio (also as video or audio advertising etc.).
You can edit, loop, stretch or mix the music or sound effects with other works to suit your project.
This License DOES NOT Allow:
- Reselling isolated music tracks or sound effects. They must be synchronized with another media within your project.
- Re-distributing music tracks or sound effects as they are or with superficial modifications, even if it is for free.
- Permitting an end user to extract the music tracks or sound effects and use them separately from the end product.
- Claiming trademark or service mark rights over the music tracks or sound effects within the end product.
- Claiming rights or ownership of the music tracks or sound effects, for example through content identification systems (Content ID etc.), even if they are modified.
- Creating a remix of a music track or adding vocals on it and claiming or registering it as your own music or song and selling it on itunes or somewhere else (but you can make audio advertising, announcement, audio book etc.)
- Using our music or sound effects as a background music or sounds, for example in the Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, Supermarkets, Stores, Shops, Malls, Hotels, Elevators, etc. (for such use, you need to buy another license, please contact us to discuss)
- Making a compilation from our music with other works for sale, even if you modify the music (CD, Radio etc.)
- Making a compilation from our sound effects with other works for sale, even if you modify the sound effects (CD etc.), but you can use them on the radio.
- Using our music or sound effects in applications that allow an end user to customize a digital or physical product for their own needs, such as “made to order”, “on demand” and “build it yourself” applications. In this case a separate license for each final product created by a customer is needed (or contact us to discuss). Examples of these services:
- Build your own website
- Online video or animation rendering
- Photo slideshow creators
- Ecard generators
- Using our music in the templates or source files of Websites, After Effects Projects and Motion Graphics for sale, it can be used only as a DEMO version. In this case you can download our music for free, according to the terms of the «Creative Commons License». Also, you should right in the description of your product about this and put the link to each music track. Here is an example:
This project DOES NOT include the License for music. You can buy it separately for each item here:
link to music track
If you are not sure if your use is covered, just contact us.
Music from our catalog is not registered with any societies or performing rights organizations (PROs), but as a buyer you are responsible to pay any performing rights fees regarding the laws of your country, the rules of your local PRO and the method of using the music.
YouTube users – Most music tracks from our catalog are registered with YouTube Content ID by «AdRev» platform, to prevent the illegal use of music. It means that in any video on YouTube, that uses this music, advertising will appear. If it is not a problem for you, you shouldn’t do anything.
If you want to remove advertising from your video, just send us an email with the link to your video and purchase information.